Carrier Sales Representative
Company name: InterCity Direct LLC
Position type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:00 AM-4:00 PM
Location: 13202 West 98 th Street, Lenexa KS 66215
InterCity Direct LLC is a family-owned logistics company headquartered in Lenexa, KS. The company is focused on continued growth using our core values of hustle, opportunity, and freight karma. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service standards and providing rewarding career opportunities for our employees. If you excel in a fast-paced, high-energy
environment while being part of a highly rewarded team, InterCity Direct is the place for you!
The Carries Sales Representative is primarily responsible for securing capacity for our customers needing to transport their freight. This is a high energy position actively working with customer carriers and other transportation companies to negotiate rates and secure coverage/service to our customer base. This position requires a high volume of communication via phone, email, online, TMS systems and more.
- Responsible for negotiating with carriers to get the best rate possible while still providing service to all available committed freight customers.
- Track the full-cycle shipment process and enter updates into internal TMS system.
- Providing updates to Customers, Shippers and Receivers via phone calls and emails.
- Making a high volume of recruitment calls to carriers to increase customer acquisition and retention, allowing the maximization of revenues and margins.
- Ability to multi-task between several transactions at the same time, while delivering results for customers.
- Ability to build relationships to secure repeat business with your customer carrier base.
- Strong communication skills when speaking with customers, co-workers, account managers and management.
- Conduct and maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity, and transparency with operational colleagues and leadership
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university required.
- Transportation, freight, logistics or brokerage/sales.
For information on InterCity Direct LLC, visit our website at https://intercitydirect.com/
InterCity Direct LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.